Danger Always keep drinks away from electrical things - you could get an electric shock.
Danger Always get a grown up to change light bulbs
Never leave electrical things on when you are not using them - or when you go to bed
Danger Don't let leads from electrical items trail across the floor
danger never stick anything into the holes of a socket - you could get an electric shock
Never put lit candles on topic of electrical items - it could cause a fire.
danger never overload an adaptor - it could cause a fire click here to fix
Never put objects into the microwave or washing machine without a grown up to help.
Never touch electrical things with wet hands - you could get an electric shock.
Danger cables should never be near or on the cooker.
Danger never stick anything inside - even if your toast is stuck.
Danger irons get very hot and can burn you - take care not to trip on the cable.
Danger never take plugged in electrical items into the bathroom. Water and electricity are very dangerous together.
Danger always dry yourself before touching switches or electrical items - you could get an electric shock or even be electrocuted.
Important make sure an adult uses an 'RCD' with electrical garden tools to prevent electric shock or even electrocution.
Danger always dry yourself before going inside and touching switches or electrical items - you could get an electric shock or even be electrocuted.
Sorry, the Switched on Kids website doesn't support smartphones. Please visit the site using a desktop, laptop or tablet computer.
Or, you might like to go to the main website of the Electrical Safety Council.